Newbury Yacht Club is a club with an ethos of combining sailing and socialising. We’re affiliated to the Royal Yachting Association and are extremely proud to have celebrated our 50th anniversay in 2019.
We hold regular water-based events; sailing in the Solent for our weekend rallies and further afield (usually the West Country or northern France) for our annual cruise. Our fleet is often into double figures, which is a pretty good effort for a landlocked Berkshire sailing club!
We have a variety of winter talks with a water or sailing theme, which are hosted at The Bowlers Arms, Enborne Street, Wash Common, Newbury RG14 6TW.
We also organise a variety of sailing related training for our members, with agenda based on demand.
If you have an interest in leisure boating (either sail or power), own your own boat, are looking to crew on someone else’s boat, or just attend our winter talks, this could be the perfect club to join.
For more information about the club please visit our about page.
Our Next Events
- Laying Up Supper - 13th Dec 2023
- Jordan Wylie MBE - Adventure At the Extreme - 10th Jan 2024
- Frostbite Rally - Provisional Date - 20th Jan 2024 – 21st Jan 2024
- Jane Williams – “Humpbacks and Icebergs” – Sept 2023
- Spring Cruise 2023 – The breakaway group!
- Spring Cruise 2023 – Westward bound
- Summer Rally 2023 – Haslar Marina, Gosport
- Spring Rally 2023 – Hythe Marina, Southampton
- Richard Vaughan Frankland – “Early Sailing in the Solent” – Apr 23
- AGM – Mar 23