Newbury Yacht Club is a club with an ethos of combining sailing and socialising. We’re affiliated to the Royal Yachting Association and are extremely proud to have celebrated our 50th anniversay in 2019.
We hold regular water-based events; sailing in the Solent for our weekend rallies and further afield (usually the West Country or northern France) for our annual cruise. Our fleet is often into double figures, which is a pretty good effort for a landlocked Berkshire sailing club!
We have a variety of winter talks with a water or sailing theme, which are hosted at The Bowlers Arms, Enborne Street, Wash Common, Newbury RG14 6TW.
We also organise a variety of sailing related training for our members, with agenda based on demand.
If you have an interest in leisure boating (either sail or power), own your own boat, are looking to crew on someone else’s boat, or just attend our winter talks, this could be the perfect club to join.
For more information about the club please visit our about page.
Our Next Events
- Dr Stephen Payne OBE - Genesis of a Queen: Queen Mary 2 - 11th Oct 2023
- Stokey Woodall - An evening with “Stokey Woodall” - 8th Nov 2023
- Jordan Wylie MBE - Adventure At the Extreme - 10th Jan 2024
- Summer Rally 2023 – Haslar Marina, Gosport
- Spring Rally 2023 – Hythe Marina, Southampton
- Richard Vaughan Frankland – “Early Sailing in the Solent” – Apr 23
- Meriel Larken – “The Ship, the Lady and the Lake” – Feb 23
- Barry Pickthall – “The History of Yacht Photography” – Jan 23
- Frostbite Rally 2023 – Ocean Village, Southampton
- Malcolm Perrins – “The Jeanneau Story” – Nov 22